Be a Sebastian Villages Parent
Welcome to a more intelligent off-campus student housing experience. Designed, staffed and managed to create optimal living/learning environments, we're building the only student communities that actually support your efforts to succeed. From student rental discounts for Dean's List and higher GPAs to study lounges, exam quiet hours and “brain food” in our snack rooms, living with us is the smartest move you can make.
In addition to NC A&T and UNCG housing alternatives, you’ll find our student community is within close proximity to Guilford College, Bennett College, Greensboro College, and GTCC.
We're your getaway – a place where you can unwind, where staff and the student community create and maintain a supportive learning environment.
The Benefits of Living at Sebastian Villages
Burkely Student Communities are quiet havens of escape from the interruptive distractions of student housing. We have:
- Like-minded, academically focused residents
- Designated study areas
- Exam time quiet hours
- Decompression zones
With the help of our residents, we’re continually developing amenities and programs designed to support and motivate academic success:
- GPA Discount:
- 3.0 – Dean's List: $100/Semester
- 3.65 – Chancellor's List: $125/Semester
- Study group support
- Free coffee during exams
- Adult treatment
- Weekly brainteaser challenges with rewards
- Motivational Signage
- Peer-nominated awards:
- Most Improved GPA: $75/Semester
- Hardest Working Student: $75/Semester
Our residents tend to live with us for a while and we like to reward them for their loyalty. All of our communities are managed by a team of professionals. Each is committed to ensuring every community has an environment that delivers an optimal living/learning experience. Building a community of like-minded students, requires help from our residents.
- Renewal Rate Guarantee*:
- Residents who renew leases are guaranteed the the better of either the rate on the day signed or the day moved in.
- Every Burkely employee pledges to do whatever it takes to ensure each of our residents are given every opportunity to fulfill their full academic potential.
The Sebastian Villages Employee Pledge
Every Burkely Student Communities’ employee has signed the following pledge and is committed to fulfilling it:
- I pledge to create an environment that gives our residents every opportunity to fulfill their academic potential.
- I will constantly seek ways to deliver that which our residents value most in a student-supportive environment.
- I will unfailingly encourage and celebrate our residents’ academic successes and remove whatever barriers stand in their way.
- I regard all Burkely Student Communities’ employees as my colleagues and allies in the quest to give our residents an academic edge.
- I will protect our residents’ privacy and will hold trust and respect as fundamental values in the resident-Burkely relationship.
- I make this promise freely and upon my honor for as long as I am employed by Burkely Student Communities.
My Son/Daughter is new to off-campus housing. Can you tell me a little about it?
- Sebastian Villages offers the full off-campus living experience just steps away from the beautiful campuses of North Carolina A&T, Bennett College, Greensboro College, GTCC and UNCG. As the original home of Dr. Simon P. Sebastian, our community is situated in historic east Greensboro, just steps away from downtown. Our continued commitment to providing the best in student housing extends through the amenities we offer: 24-hour fitness center and lounge, study lounge with computers and free printing, and front door valet trash pick-up. We also provide on-site security patrol through a private security firm for the convenience of our residents.
Do you have to be a student?
- Yes. We believe the best environment for student success is among other students, and thus, our community is student-only.
How far is the property from campus?
- Sebastian Villages is 1.5 blocks from the campus of North Carolina A&T, and a short walk from Bennett College. Greensboro College and UNCG are both a short drive, but many students ride the HEAT bus system (university transportation to NC A&T and UNCG).
Do you have a bus stop and how often does it run?
- Absolutely! As we are situated in a residential area of downtown, both GTA (Greensboro Transit Authority) and HEAT (university bus system) operate at our community. Bus stops are located conveniently around our community, and the HEAT bus picks up every fifteen minutes!
What is included in the rent?
- All of our apartments include free wifi internet and cable with HBO, washer and dryers in units, a generous power allowance and water and sewer. As a resident, you will also have access to our 24-hour fitness center and lounge.
Do you have an app?
- Yes! We are proud to offer our Burkely app through Communique, which gives residents access to their online portal. Our app also includes the option to make rent payments, enter service requests, and provides a quick-contact phone list for assistance and emergencies. We also post invitations to our resident social events through the app!
Do you offer furniture?
- Yes! We offer bedroom and common area furniture packages, starting at $39.00 per month.
Do you allow pets?
Yes! Our community is pet-friendly.
Restrictions apply – please ask your leasing consultant for more information regarding pet approval
How do I pay the rent and when is it due?
- Rent is due on the 1st day of each month. We have an easy online payment system that allows you to pay any time of the day. You never have to worry about late fees if you opt into our automatic ACH option. You are also more than welcome to pay by check or money order in the office during regular business hours.
Can I pay for the entire school semester up front?
- Yes! You may pre-pay at the beginning of each semester. This option ensures that your rent is paid on-time and do not receive any late fees!
Do you provide on-site maintenance? How do we report any maintenance related issues?
- Yes, we do have on-site maintenance. Our online Resident Portal makes it easy to submit work requests online directly to our maintenance staff. Our maintenance staff is great at quickly responding to our residents’ needs! We also provide 24-hour emergency maintenance which is attended by a live person when you call! We love to hear the opinions of our residents so that we can continually improve our services.
I am ready to live here! What is the first step?
Great! We look forward to having you! To start, complete the convenient online application. Once we receive your application and application fee, we will process your application. It usually takes 24 hours to fully process the application, and once approved, we will email you your lease to electronically sign! It's that easy!